Amsterdam, North Holland, NetherlandsApply Now!
At Optiver, we pride ourselves on being real Engineers, not just coders. Our Engineers work closely with Traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach to engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take great pride in the quality of our solutions. Hardware Engineers at Optiver build hardware-based trading systems ranging from low latency algorithms to high bandwidth computation. They are responsible for owning all aspects of the development process - from ideation to implementation, creating bespoke solutions to our complex trading problems. Their systems have little room for failure which add to the stability of the market, not detract from it. Working in close collaboration with Software Engineers and Traders, Hardware Engineers deeply understand our trading problems and create dynamic, well-architected systems that make an impact in a matter of days and weeks rather than months and years. WHO WE ARE: Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. WHAT YOU'LL DO: As Optiver's FPGA Engineer, you'll accelerate network infrastructure and trading system components with high-speed hardware designs. This will require you to research new low-latency techniques and platforms in order to identify opportunities for integration with our trading system. Along the way, you'll have the support of a multidisciplinary team of Traders, Software Developers, and Infrastructure Engineers. With their collaboration and support, you'll be empowered to leverage the best hardware available or build in-house versions to ensure our FPGAs can interface with cutting-edge server hardware. To ensure the smooth sailing of our installations, maintenance expansion, you'll manage relationships with 3rd-party vendors. WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in CE, EE, CS, or related technical field
- Experience designing, coding, testing, and verifying FPGAs and/or ASICs
- Experience coding in VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog as well as C or C++
- Experience with RTL synthesis, writing timing, area, and other relevant constraints
- Experience with digital simulators and self-checking test benches.
- Experience supporting post-silicon bring-up and debugging a plus
- Ability to work closely with software developers to rapidly deliver integrated systems
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.