Senior SoC Design Engineer
San Francisco, CAApply Now!
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love. We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many. Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us. If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us. Cruise is looking for an SOC design engineer to build the next generation autonomous vehicle platform. In this role, you will work closely with SOC architects and software architects to define features, write module level and subchips level micron-architecture specification. Your responsibility includes RTL coding, IP integration, synthesis and static timing analysis. You will also work closely with verification engineers to verify the design and involve in silicon validation. _What you’ll be doing:_
Responsible for SoC Frontend design
- Define micro-architecture specifications
- RTL coding using system verilog and/or verilog
- Perform feasibility study on different third party IPs and integrate IPs at SOC level.
- Closely work with Verification team and help define testplan and run tests and debug design
- Run Lint, CDC, Synthesis and formal verification tools and closely work with Backend team on floorplan, Constraints definition and timing analysis
- Support FPGA prototyping
- Post-silicon system bring-up
- Participate in design reviews of hardware systems and related software systems
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in SOC/ASIC Front-End design
- Track record of first-pass success in ASIC Development
- Experience in writing Microarchitecture specification, one or more HDL language (System Verilog, Verilog), and one or more scripting language (TCL, Python, Perl, Shell-scripting)
- Experience with SoC design methodologies that involve running ASIC Front-End simulation tool, and synthesis, Lint, CDC and STA design tool.
- Strong knowledge in digital design that involves multiple clock domains, clock power management and low power design, tools and methodologies including power intent UPF specifications
- Knowledge of DDR Interface, PCIe, Ethernet, MIPI, AXI bus, Image/Video processing, ARM CPU and AMBA bus protocols.
- Knowledge of low speed system peripheral bus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and becoming an expert in your domain
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.