Staff SOC Verification Engineer
San Francisco, CAApply Now!
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love. We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many. Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us. Cruise is looking for an experienced Staff SOC Verification Engineer to join our hardware team. In this role, you will collaborate with SOC architects and design engineers to verify the design and performance of FPGA and ASIC projects, ensuring bug-free first silicon. As a key team member, you will also contribute to our verification methodology and support lab bring up. What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute verification plans based on design specifications and collaboration with architects and designers.
- Create and maintain module level testbenches that are reusable in top level environments.
- Utilize constrained random verification, functional coverage, code coverage and assertions to achieve goals.
- Track and debug failures and work with designers to resolve them.
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware projects.
- BS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education
- 10+ years of experience in design verification
- Previous experience writing SystemVerilog testbenches with Universal Verification Method (UVM)
- Experience with scripting languages: Python, TCL, or Perl
- Excellent communication skills, energetic and self-motivated
- MS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education
- Knowledge and experience with DDR interface, PCIe interface or ethernet protocols is a plus
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.